Coordinator, BisonVision Sports Productions
Job no: 497550
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation, Other
The Coordinator, BisonVision Sports Productions position is responsible for producing a variety of events aired on ESPN+, Facebook Live, YouTube, and the Patriot League digital network. In addition to overseeing content creation and staffing, the Coordinator for BisonVision Sports Productions will serve as lead producer and director for events on the digital network. This individual will also collaborate with the Athletics Technology Coordinator, full-time staff, and students on operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting a full range of broadcast production equipment.
1. Supervise live video production and creative digital content for Bucknell Athletics, including but not limited to all operational aspects of game broadcasts and other live productions such as luncheons, special departmental events, and Facebook live/YouTube events.
2. Directing, supervising, and evaluating broadcast staff during live productions.
3. Serve in various production positions for events airing on BisonVision, including as producer/director for high viewership home sports broadcasts (ESPN+) and oversee live stream coordination for all other sports.
4. Coordinate the scheduling of talent and part-time production staff for digital network productions.
5. Operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting production equipment and facilities in collaboration with the Athletics Technology Coordinator.
6. Collaborate with the External Relations team, including Bison Sports Properties/Learfield Sports where applicable, to develop game formats to include commercial timing, sponsored elements, pregame and halftime elements, and other featured content.
7. Strategically plan to meet future needs of sports production operations.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree or high school diploma with four years of experience in television or streaming production.
2. Experience as an audio/video broadcast producer, using digital editing equipment and audio production.
3. Excellent organizational skills to handle the volume and variety of projects they must accomplish.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with numerous interruptions, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
5. Ability to understand and communicate oral and written instructions and procedures effectively.
6. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
1. Advanced Degree in broadcast or related field.
2. Extensive knowledge and experience producing live sports television consistent with ESPN standards and branding.
3. Experience training students in graphics production consistent with the guidelines of ESPN+.
4. Working knowledge and experience working within a broadcast crew in various roles.
5. Experience with ESPN broadcast elements (graphics packages, animation, and tape elements).
6. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
7. Ability to manage, mentor, and train student interns and freelance workers.
8. Knowledge of technology and industry trends.
9. Familiarity with policy issues concerning the administration of Division I intercollegiate athletics and higher education
Moderate physical activity
Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds
Visual Requirement - Ability to see information in print, electronically, live or digitally
Ability to work required hours in a non-traditional workweek. This includes evenings, weekends, and holidays to support the intercollegiate athletics competition and practice schedule.
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a Staff Non-exempt position with a hiring range of $19.74-24.67 (NE10). The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend