Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job no: 497208
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation, Other
The position of Assistant Athletic Trainer is to assist the head athletic trainer and staff with the delivery of health care to student athletes of athletic programs operating from the sports medicine facilities at Bucknell University. The position provides supervisory function in all phases of athletic training in the traditional collegiate setting.
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
1. Assist in implementing the Sports Medicine Program in the Stadium & Fieldhouse.
a) Administer policies for the health care of student-athletes.
b) Administer record keeping protocols for use in the sports medicine department.
c) Maintain student-athlete record system.
d) Assist in supervision of training room procedures.
e) Assist in clinical affiliation with universities with programs in athletic training and supervising student trainers from those programs.
2. Assist in the delivery of care and prevention services for select sports.
3. Supervise operation of satellite athletic training operations.
4. Provide services for outside events being performed at Bucknell University facilities.
5. Perform any other duties and/or jobs deemed necessary for the functioning and success of the Sports Medicine Program.
This job classification is listed as a Category I as required by OSHA for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. National certification through the N.A.T.A., State Certification (by law)
3. Effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
1. Master's degree in Sports Medicine or related field of study
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This is a full time, year round, benefits eligible position. This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is an exempt position with a hiring range of $39,120 to 48,900. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to) -
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- tuition remission, exchange and grants for the employee, spouse/spousal equivalent, and children (with credit for full-time, benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education)
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend