Strategic Philanthropy Coordinator
Job no: 497189
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: University Advancement / Alumni Relations
Do others seek your help with writing or proofreading? Do you enjoy handling multiple projects while making sure the details are accurate? Would you appreciate a 10-month schedule with summers off? University Advancement is seeking a Coordinator to support three teams within the Strategic Philanthropy (SP) area, responsible for fundraising activities. The Coordinator will manage a wide variety of projects and must be a strong communicator, multitasker, and know how to prioritize and work effectively with a hybrid team.
It is an especially exciting time to join Strategic Philanthropy as we exponentially grow our goals for our campaign.
In this role, you will work collaboratively to provide support for three Strategic Philanthropy directors and their teams: Offices of Prospect Research and Management; SP Programs, Education, & CFR; and Principal Gifts. You will use your organizational skills to manage multiple projects and tasks to provide effective and timely support services, and work in an environment where ideas for improvement are welcome and encouraged.
- Document management and communication
- Assist with creating and maintaining draft documents and provide proofreading and formatting support
- Assist with grant application writing and related work for submission, tracking, and reporting as well as donor messaging and written outreach
- Staff, event and training support
- Coordinate and support the many moving pieces of meeting preparation and campus visits such as compiling information, communication, timely preparation and distribution of materials and logistical needs
- Assist with logistical support for planning, scheduling, and execution of professional development and other SP training
- Maintain electronic and physical inventory of leave-behind materials for development officers
- Technical support
- Maintain working knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Assist with data retrieval, compilation, and analysis for recurring or assigned requests such as grant applications or other projects
We are looking for someone with:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or more years experience providing office support services OR a college degree
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills
- Demonstrates proficiency with the use of spreadsheets and electronic documents
- Demonstrates knowledge of database and reporting functions
Who we are
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends – by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments – that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
- Lead with Integrity
- Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
- Be Open and Receptive
- Nurture Creativity and Innovation
- Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend