Office Coordinator of People, Success, and Operations
Job no: 497186
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: University Advancement / Alumni Relations
Are you inquisitive and committed to ongoing learning? Do you enjoy handling multiple projects while making sure the smallest of details are covered? Do you like regularly interacting with others to provide outstanding service and outcomes?
The Office Coordinator for People, Success and Operations (PSO) will serve as key support for University Advancement (UA). This role will provide direct administrative support for the PSO office and related activities for talent management, finance, and operations. This position requires the highest level of confidentiality and attention to detail, and works closely with UA staff and other campus partners.
In this role, you will:
- Use your strength in interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with UA staff, campus partners, and potential candidates.
- Work collaboratively to provide support for UA processes and projects. If you think there is a better way to do something, we want to hear it!
- Prioritize tasks and manage your assignments to provide effective support services. This is a position where your work may be different every day.
- Provide recruitment and onboarding support for the division. We are focused on people and want to ensure we are creating quality experiences for new staff and existing staff.
- Schedule and prepare materials for candidate interviews to help ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Communicate regularly and clearly with hiring managers and candidates
- Schedule training and meetings for new staff
- Maintain documents and central resources for UA Staff reference. We have a lot of information to organize, so an organizational focus and creativity in communication will be vital.
- Reconcile expense reports in a timely manner and maintain a working knowledge of Bucknell’s expense policies. We have many who travel and they are on the go!
- Use tools such as Workday, BaseCamp, Zoom, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and an internal travel and reservation system on a daily basis.
We are looking for someone with:
- A High school diploma or equivalent plus three (3) years of professional experience in an office setting OR a bachelor's degree in a business related field
- Strong time management skills with the ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects and adapt to changing situations
- A commitment to learning with the ability to apply knowledge through creative problem solving
- Experience with spreadsheets, documents and scheduling, standard office systems and basic business practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to respect confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
This position (and all positions in our division) requires the occasional evening and weekend work to support university events including Family Weekend, Reunion, and Homecoming. We do ask staff to mark their calendars in advance for these events.
Who we are
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends – by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments -- that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
- Lead with Integrity
- Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
- Be Open and Receptive
- Nurture Creativity and Innovation
- Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
As part of UA, the Coordinator is a member of the team of People, Success, and Operations (PSO) and provides support for specific functions and projects related to finance, fundraising travel & expense, recruiting and onboarding, training documentation, and administrative support for department leadership. The Coordinator undertakes the wide variety of duties and tasks necessary to help advance PSO objectives, assists UA staff with financial and operational functions, while prioritizing competing projects and working effectively in a high-volume environment. This position reports to the Assistant Director of People, Success, and Operations.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend