Assistant Director, Athletics Communications
Job no: 497183
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation, Other
Assist the Director of Athletic Communications in promoting the department and its student-athletes through media relations, press releases, media guides, web site and other print and electronic media.
1. Serve as primary media/communications contact for a number of sports.
2. Write press releases and feature stories promoting the department and its student-athletes.
3. Assist in the production of departmental publications, including media guides, gameday programs,
posters, and schedule cards.
4. Help foster positive relationships with local and national media; pitch story ideas on Bucknell teams
5. Assist in the daily maintenance and development of the official Bucknell Athletics website.
6. Contribute to the department’s social media strategy by providing written and visual content across
7. Help manage press facilities at home events.
8. Maintain accurate statistics, records, and files for teams and student-athletes.
9. Assist in the coordination of the Senior Awards Banquet.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors Degree.
2. At least one year of communications experience.
3. Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives.
4. Valid US drivers license
1. Experience in intercollegiate athletic communications
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This is a full time, year round benefits eligible exempt position.
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click here!
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend