Job no: 497120
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Other, Clerical / Support, Communications / PR / Marketing
The Graphics Specialist will serve as a client services representative in the Graphic Services area in Publications, Print & Mail. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: opening, preflighting editing and outputting graphics files; producing print and digital visual communications that conform to brand standards: assisting campus partners with project planning, paper selection, printing technical expertise, production planning and scheduling; operating a variety of equipment, including wide-format printers, high-speed production copiers, networked printers, small binding and finishing machines, as well as performing a variety of tasks as assigned by the Graphic Services team leader.
As a member of the PP&M team, all staff are expected to contribute positively toward fulfilling PP&M’s mission of providing high quality print and mail projects for the campus community. Team members are active participants in providing feedback on process improvement, new technologies and ways to enhance, improve and support the departmental mission. Each member of the department is charged with keeping work areas neat, clean and safe. Staff members are encouraged and expected to take advantage of opportunities for job-related professional development and continuous learning. PP&M team members are committed to maintaining an inclusive working environment that is supportive, respectful and courteous of coworkers and peers as part of a diverse campus community.
This is a full time, year round, benefits eligible position.
• Provide customer service to campus partners to define their needs, and make suggestions for creative and efficient ways to produce printing projects.
• Provide technical support to campus partners on how to prepare electronic files for printing, and the use of electronic submission tools.
• Open, edit and output graphics files received via email, or other electronic means.
● Design print and digital communications using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro).
• Advise campus partners on established University brand standards, and ensure that all projects meet those standards.
• Review information on work orders for completeness, and enter them into the appropriate production workflow using a print management system.
• In coordination with Mail Services team leader, advise campus partners on mailing options and provide mailing specifications to the mail services team.
• Set up and operate a variety of digital copying/printing devices and, utilizing the features and functions of the devices, producing products that meet the specifications of the job ticket.
• Manage wide-format poster printing submitted from campus partners as well as the Graphic Design team.
• Manage and complete work orders in a timeframe which meets specified deadlines, schedules, and production standards.
• Utilize a print management system for providing cost estimates, job costing, job tracking and departmental
• Inspect work for quality control and pass it on to the next production station, or if complete, place in delivery area for pick up.
• Maintain supply levels in equipment.
• Operate small- and large-format printing, mounting and laminating equipment.
• Provide support to the Graphics & Technology Specialist on other projects including environmental graphic file prep and installations, e-commerce site, and specialty printing items.
• Perform other functions and work as assigned by the team leader.
• Associate’s degree in Graphics Communications or related field, or in lieu of education, two years of directly related work experience.
• Knowledge of digital and offset printing processes, printing papers, desktop publishing standards and a PDF workflow.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Demonstrated ability to work in both Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven work environment.
• The ability to work independently to plan, organize, schedule and execute projects from beginning to end is crucial.
• Excellent customer service skills, the ability to work with students, faculty and staff.
• A valid PA driver's license.
• Graphic design training and/or work experience.
• Experience using EFI PrintSmith.
• Must be able to routinely lift cartons up to 30 pounds, with occasional heavier lifting with mechanical assistance or help.
• Must be able to work in a standing or sitting position for extended periods.
• Must possess adequate vision to make judgments concerning the overall quality of the finished product.
This is a full time, year round, benefits eligible position.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend