Head Women's Golf Coach
Job no: 497017
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Head Women's Golf Coach at Bucknell University is responsible for the management and administration of all phases of the varsity intercollegiate sport program and team, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Patriot League. This includes the instruction and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I women's golf program. This position is a 10-month head coaching position. Compensation package to include monthly salary, 12-month individual limited benefits, and possibility for summer camp(s)/personal lessons.
1. Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions (traditional & non-traditional seasons). Coach the team during scheduled events. Determine and implement the strategies necessary to motivate the team to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
2. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport actively seeking new methods and strategies.
3. Maintain continuing and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA rules and the rules and regulations of Bucknell University, and be responsible for compliance with all NCAA rules.
4. Be accountable for expense control compliance and administration of the sport's budget.
5. Work with proper departmental personnel in regard to all arrangements for team travel, practice and competition.
6. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes and coordinate all recruiting activities with appropriate athletics administration. Develop a working relationship with the faculty and University staff to assist in the recruiting process.
7. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
8. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
9. Establish and ensure communication and enforcement of rules and regulations regarding student-athlete conduct, appearance and behavior.
10. Assist in enforcement of departmental policies on study programs and require class attendance and completion of work missed due to intercollegiate competition.
11. Demonstrate support for all other sports programs, intramural programs, and other functions of the University and the department.
12. Participate in fundraising activities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
13. Attend all required departmental meetings as assigned, including but not limited to, Compliance Education, Head Coaches, Development and programming.
14. Work collaboratively with all support offices both in the Department and on Campus, i.e. Sports Information, Athletic Training, Admissions.
15. Be responsible for all travel arrangements for team; including insuring safe transportation to the contest site and back to campus.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
-Valid US drivers license
-Obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience.
-Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives.
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This is a full-time, 10-month, exempt, benefits eligible position.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend