Driver, Transportation Services
Job no: 496862
Position type: part-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Bucknell University is looking for individuals to provide transportation services for University employees, students, and visitors for university business and events using university vehicles – sedans, minivans, or buses. These are casual, non-benefits eligible positions that will be scheduled to work on an as needed basis.
A Driver in Transportation Services is responsible for driving university vehicles to transport university constituents around campus, to downtown Lewisburg, local hotels, airports, and/or other areas as assigned with a distance of no more than 300 miles one way. Additionally this position:
• Operates a university-owned shuttle in a safe, reliable, professional manner, providing safe and efficient transportation to the university community and its visitors.
• Provides information and other general assistance to the university community and its visitors.
• Maintains records of work performed.
• Makes timely reports of accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
• Assist passengers with special needs in boarding and exiting vehicles.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Driver must be 21 years or older
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, valid for a minimum of 2 years
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to safely and efficiently operate a loaded passenger bus (up to 15 passengers including driver).
• Candidates must pass a University Motor Vehicle Record Review (MVR)
• Within 30 days of hire: one will be required to obtain a D.O.T medical card and pass Behind the Wheel training
• Each driver will be required to work at least 4 jobs per year to keep their casual position active.
• Must be dependable, professional, and personable and has the demonstrated ability to work with and serve a diverse workforce and students.
Flexible availability as the work schedule for this position may include all shifts (days, evenings, and weekends).
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend