Marketing Research & Strategy Coordinator
Job no: 496726
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: University Advancement / Alumni Relations
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only through the support of alumni, parents and friends – by opening doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the conversation and community, and entrusting us with their philanthropic commitments -- that we can further elevate Bucknell as a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five values:
Lead with Integrity
Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit
Be Open and Receptive
Nurture Creativity and Innovation
Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
As part of UA, the Marketing Research and Strategy Coordinator is responsible for supporting the ongoing operations of the Marketing Strategy & Outreach team with a specific focus on supporting the Executive Director and communication efforts of the Outreach team, including direct response, online and student calling initiatives.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Marketing Research & Strategy, and takes direction from Marketing Strategy & Outreach colleagues.
• As part of support activities related to the Student Calling Program (SCP), responsibilities may include scheduled evening and weekend hours. The Coordinator may need to be present in the calling room during peak times, specifically in the beginning of each semester during training for a minimum of two weeks, and fill-in for student staff as needed.
• Executes daily, weekly, and monthly reports using various databases and electronic tools, including reports to support communication efforts of campus partners as directed
• Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly correspondence to student workers, donors, and prospective donors
• Organizes materials and schedules for Outreach activities
• Assists with pledge fulfillment, donor renewal and stewardship initiatives
• Processes standard data requests and prepares data files for Marketing Strategy & Outreach team and campus partners
• Communicates with prospective and current student callers, including weekly scheduling responsibilities
• Partners with the Senior Specialist, Annual Fund Outreach to develop and implement student calling-related events
• Participates in student training and in the hiring, training, and evaluations of student callers
• Responsible for approving time entry of student employees
• Maintains accurate student employee records and tracks attendance, prepares, verifies, and approves student payroll
• Collects and updates annual calendar of initiatives
• Provides scheduling and calendar management, catering and logistics, Advancement Information Services and Publications, Print & Mail requests
• Maintains inventory, equipment, and supplies for the Marketing Strategy & Outreach team and student calling room
• Budget review and tracking of the Marketing Strategy & Outreach budget lines and submits expense reports and budget corrections to Finance
• Completes minutes and other meeting documentation
• Maintains accurate donor information and updates as appropriate, including entering pertinent contact reports or correspondence into the donor database
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two years experience in a professional office setting
• Demonstrates computer and technical skills including word processing, mail merges, reporting, and database use
• Displays a high level of attention to detail and organizational skills
• Demonstrates ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
• Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to tailor messaging to diverse audiences
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to support UA’s events including blocks of time for major events such as Family Weekend, Reunion, and Homecoming, and other event support as required. Staff should mark their calendars for major events and events in their department. Exceptions require supervisory approval.
• CRM experience
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of fundraising or closely related experience, preferably in higher education and/or with a phonathon program
• Valid U.S. driver’s license
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend