Biology Supplies Coordinator
Job no: 496701
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Academic Affairs, Other
The Biology Supplies Coordinator is responsible for ordering supplies used in research, teaching and other departmental activities; overseeing maintenance of laboratory equipment; monitoring and documenting budget expenditures; maintaining chemical inventories and coordinating disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Purchase supplies in support of the teaching and research needs of Biology faculty and staff; will include errands to local vendors.
Maintain inventory in departmental stockroom and ancillary facilities and assist students, faculty and staff in obtaining necessary materials.
- Coordinate Biology Department expenditures (tracking expenses, processing purchase orders, departmental accounting, budget reconciliation) and coordinate with department chair on all budgetary needs.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with approved budgets in coordination with the Department Academic Assistant.
Working closely with the Bucknell Environmental Health & Safety Office, coordinate the purchase of radioactive materials and their subsequent disposal along with other hazardous wastes; maintain chemical inventories and Safety Data Sheets; serve on the Lab Safety and Radiation Safety Committees.
- Working with the Animal Care Facility, coordinate purchase and receipt of animals, food and housing supplies.
- Oversee the routine maintenance and emergency repair of departmental equipment (coordinating service contracts, internal repairs, outside vendors).
- Coordinate departmental catering needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Employ exceptional customer service skills including tact, professionalism, teamwork and friendliness.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities using current processes, applications and technology.
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency with office-related computer software (Word, Excel, Google Docs, email)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to positively interact with a wide range of individuals including students, staff, faculty, and vendors
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing needs of an educational environment (new technologies, policies, personnel, procedures, etc.) including the willingness to develop and apply new skills
- Bachelor’s degree in science field (Biology, Chemistry or related discipline)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend