Director of Equity and Inclusive Excellence
Job no: 496600
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Academic Affairs
The Director of Equity and Inclusive Excellence will collaborate with the Associate Provost for Equity and Inclusive Excellence to create, implement, and assess learning, engagement, and programmatic opportunities and initiatives for faculty and staff that enhance capacities related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Director will partner with academic and administrative units to extend and deepen extant programs, projects, policies, systems and structures that improve campus climate; will develop, coordinate, and communicate effective assessment tools for the continuous enrichment of programs and initiatives; and will collaborate with strategic community partners to amplify fundraising and grant opportunities for key strategic initiatives.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible, 12-month position.
• Develop, coordinate, facilitate, and evaluate training and educational sessions focused on the University’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals for the campus community. This work includes, but is not limited to, promoting/advertising sessions, inviting participants, scheduling sessions, facilitating or co-facilitating sessions, and following up with assessment of sessions.
• Expand and deepen GenFirst!@Bucknell Program, which supports first generation students and engages faculty and staff mentors.
• In collaboration with Student Affairs, enhance and support a model for ongoing student leadership training.
• Organize and chair the University Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council
• In collaboration with Associate Provost for Equity and Inclusive Excellence, work on DEI goals and initiatives, and identify annual projects to develop, oversee, implement, and assess.
• Expand and maintain Bucknell’s membership and participation in related collegiate and professional organizations, such as, Inter-Ivy, First Generation College Student Network, National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree
• Deep understanding of and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Experience engaging effectively with diverse student, staff, faculty and alumni populations and the ability to collaborate with departments and various stakeholders
• Three years of experience implementing diversity programs in complex organizations
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate workshops or dialogue groups addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion issues (including privilege, power relations, anti-racism)
• Experience with program assessment and evaluation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail, self-motivated, and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to handle confidential information on a routine basis
• Proficiency with modern computer software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office suite)
• PhD in relevant field
• Research experience related to diversity issues
• College-level teaching experience, diversity focus
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend