Office Coordinator, Civic Engagement
Job no: 496501
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Clerical / Support
The Office Coordinator provides primary administrative support in the day-to-day operations of the Office of Civic Engagement. Primary responsibilities include coordinating mailings, publicity, and bill paying; event scheduling; receptionist and clerical tasks; and record keeping for alternative break and community service work study programs. The Office Coordinator reports to the Director of the Office of Civic Engagement but also supports the assistant directors with administrative duties. This is a temporary, non-benefits eligible position which will be generally schedule to work 35 hours per week.
The office coordinator is responsible for overseeing the smooth and professional daily operation of the Office of Civic Engagement. The coordinator is expected to:
● Oversee and manage office functions such as handling credit card reconciliation, bill payments, ordering supplies, maintaining equipment, greeting visitors, answering calls, taking messages, and scheduling meetings
● Provide organized and efficient administrative office management for Civic Engagement and Service-Learning programming, including making appropriate referrals, scheduling appointments for students, faculty, and staff; assisting in event planning and implementation; troubleshooting specific problems as they arise; and discussing/evaluating/revising office procedures.
● Provide support for alternative break projects including service-learning trips, by maintaining records, arranging air travel and transportation, handling student applications, references, waivers and health forms
● Provide assistance in administering the Community Service Federal Work-Study (CSFWS) program. This includes but is not limited to coordinating with Payroll and Financial Aid offices; recruiting and meeting with eligible students to match them with local agencies; providing approval for all CSFWS hours - tracking and overseeing student and supervisor submissions.
● Regularly update and maintain the searchable database of community partners with potential projects for service-learning students.
● Delegate administrative tasks to part-time student employees assigned to work in the office
● Provide support for word processing, proof reading, editing, and data entry
● Assist with research projects such as student web surveys and faculty questionnaires that help the office assess the impact of our work and needs of our constituents
● Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
• High school diploma/GED.
• At least two year's administrative/office experience.
• Reliable, detail-oriented, and flexible. Strong writing, oral communication, and computer skills.
• Comprehensive administrative and organizational skills, including the ability to multitask efficiently and work independently.
• Professional demeanor and ability to interact well with the campus constituents as well as public, community representatives, and organizations requesting information and service
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information on a routine basis
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, and a net browser.
• Valid US drivers license.
• Experience with the Workday
• Knowledge of the operational structure of the university's offices and resources, ability to make appropriate referrals
• Experience with social media
• Ability to lift 25 pounds
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend