CAP Center Office Assistant
Job no: 496466
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Student Affairs
The Campus Activities and Programs (CAP) Center Office Assistant reports to the Director of Campus Activities and Student Student Media and provides support to CAP Center professional staff including, the Associate Dean of Students, the Director of Outdoor Education (OEL), the Director of Campus Activities and Student Media, and Assistant Directors of Campus Activities and Programs in the daily operation of the office. Additionally the CAP Center Office Assistant oversees the Langone Center Box Office, Student Mall Sales, inputting events into the Events Management System, CAP Center and Student Organization printing for campus events, and Student Ambassadors. This person also assists the Associate Dean of Students and CAP Center staff in important divisional responsibilities. Responsibilities include the implementation of social events and leadership development programs for the campus community including the publicity and contract preparation for each event. This individual handles sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner. The successful candidate will have the ability to work with and support diverse faculty, administration, staff, students, and student groups.
* Serves as the front line point of contact for the Office of Campus Activities and Programs.
* Serves as primary contact for Elaine Langone Center Box Office.
* Processes box office ticket sales for Bucknell students, staff, alumni, and community members.
* Reconciles activity including processing reports and handling of deposits. Provides primary support to the CAP Center staff including the Associate Dean of Students, CAP Director, and Director of OEL. Schedules all CAP center office meetings and prepares agendas.
* Manages incoming phone calls, CAP Center email, and overall walk-in traffic for the office.
* Reviews mail and prepares letters, memos, and message center announcements to students and staff.
* Assists the staff and student organizations with event planning, including publicity, reserving space, ordering dining needs, and preparing materials.
* Monitors and manages glass case display areas, bulletin boards, and electronic screens.
* Supervises the Student Ambassador and Mall sales staff including the hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating of said staff.
* Assists staff in contract preparation to prepare for distribution of appropriate information to those responsible for the event. Retrieves office and student organization budget summaries and transactions. Responsible for oversight of Langone Center Student Mall sales.
* Assists student organizations with Mall sales contracts, serves as resource to student employees and Mgmt 101 classes, reconciles weekly sales, and deposits money at Finance office.
* Handles online and in person registration, waivers, and scheduling for CAP Center and Outdoor Education events, such as BuckWild, ClimBucknell, Bison Bikes, bus trips, adventure trips, and Rent Master for equipment rentals.
* Assists with the management of the Pre-Orientation program correspondence with BuckWild and Design Thinking Leadership programs.
* Schedules and manages usage guidelines for the Student Seminar Room, the Student Hearth Space, fire pits, Bison, and BSG digital signs.
* Manages mailings and correspondence for donor/gift recognition.
* Assists with assessment efforts and tracks data in Compliance Assist.
* Serves as secondary CAP Center contact for the Involvement Network.
* Assist with the management, scheduling, and assessment for BU Tastings programs.
* Coordinates BSG fundraising efforts including the care package and linen programs and distribution of packages.
* Assists the CAP Center staff with correspondence, scheduling, travel arrangements, and other events associated with record keeping.
* Assumes other duties and projects as assigned.
* Associate's degree and three years of office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Solid customer service skills, as well as the ability to work effectively in an active work environment
* Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work with diverse, energetic, talented, college age students
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated organizational skills including the ability to work independently or in a group
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
* Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information in a professional manner
* Bachelor's degree
* Experience with Google docs
* Experience with Canva
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend