Multimedia Content Specialist
Job no: 496464
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Communications / PR / Marketing
The Multimedia Content Specialist plays a key role in shaping and communicating Bucknell University stories and brand messaging through our digital media platforms. Reporting to the Senior Video Production Specialist, the Multimedia Content Specialist will conceptualize, create and implement both video and photography content. The person in this position has extensive knowledge of the digital landscape and can create and produce highly engaging video content across multiple channels and platforms. The Multimedia Content Specialist is a creative and skilled photographer with the ability to capture all aspects of Bucknell University in visually compelling and diverse perspectives for use in print and digital materials. The successful candidate will excel as part of a fun, fast-paced, dynamic, creative and collaborative team.
● Produce creative multimedia content through video capture, editing, graphic creation, motion graphics, coloring, and post-production work as well as photography shooting and editing.
● Plan, storyboard, film and edit videos for publication on a variety of channels, from website to social media to e-newsletters to emails, and to show at large University events.
● Under the direction of the Communications Photographer, provide and edit professional-quality photographs for use in a variety of mediums, including but not limited to the Bucknell website, various digital and print publications, social media channels and University news stories.
● Assist with organizing and maintaining photo storage, inventory and metadata system.
● Create, organize and maintain video inventory files (raw, edited, final) and assist with managing overall library of video content. Provide videos to team as well as local and national media partners as necessary.
● Develop strong collaborative partnerships throughout the University to support efficient delivery of video content, as well as effectively interact with executive-level leadership.
● Produce special projects, such as live streaming events that are broadcast on social media.
● Contribute to and deliver against brand/channel content calendars; coordinate video creators and deadlines to support content creation and publishing.
● Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
● Perform additional duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Film or Video Production and at least two years’ of shooting and editing video, operating sound, and lighting equipment. Proficiency in software including Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere, Adobe Media Encoder, and Photoshop as well as professional photography experience OR six years’ experience in lieu of educational requirement.
● Evidence of creative ability and technical skill demonstrated through a comprehensive portfolio.
● Experience in file compression and graphics manipulation.
● Demonstrated ability to tell compelling stories and influence behavior/decision making through video.
● Demonstrated ability to effectively photograph a wide range of subject matter — including portraits, landscapes, buildings and events — for print and digital use.
● Demonstrated ability to plan and perform video post-production tasks including reviewing. footage, making editorial decisions, video transcoding, rough cuts, audio adjustment and color correction.
● Ability to meet tight deadlines, creatively solve problems and manage multiple projects.
● Evidence of strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Valid and current driver’s license.
● Familiar working in 360° video, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube and Instagram.
● Experience with illustration, 3D motion graphics, graphic design, animation, and compositing.
● Proficiency in writing scripts for brand awareness, training scenario and story-based videos.
● The ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds of production equipment.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend