Assistant Athletics Director – Brand Advancement
Job no: 496450
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Assistant Athletics Director – Brand Advancement is responsible for vision and implementation of initiatives in the areas of brand advancement, ticketing solicitation, marketing, creative content and in-game entertainment programming. Additional responsibilities of the position include serving as on-site event manager for select Bison athletics events and other special events hosted by the department. This is a full-time, 12 month, benefits eligible position.
BRAND ADVANCEMENT (45%)
- Strategically plan and execute all marketing initiatives to increase awareness and attendance, engage students, enhance customer experience and solidify the department's brand.
- Develop new ways to promote the intercollegiate athletic programs and the department's mission statement while taking advantage of emerging technology. Stay current on graphics trends and techniques to the sports design industry, and learn and incorporate them.
- Manage and direct all customer entertainment programming for home games and contests (Pre-game, In Game and Post-Game). Including but not limited to scripts, special recognitions, video board content, in-game promotions, music, pa announcer, cheer, mascots and dance.
- Coordinates when appropriate with Athletics Communications, collaborates with the athletics tickets sales office, Bison Club, Advancement, University communications and Bucknell Sports Properties
OPERATIONS & EVENT MANAGEMENT (45%)
- Serve as event manager responsible for the planning and on-site supervision of select intercollegiate sporting events (i.e., W. Volleyball; W. Lacrosse; M/W Tennis; M/W Outdoor Track) and outside events hosted in department facilities (i.e, LAHS games, District IV and PIAA events, Patriot League Championships; etc.)
- Schedule, train and supervise hourly employees, work-study students, academic interns, and volunteer staff.
- Coordinate the set-up and usage of athletics facilities by the University’s Summer Camp program. Serve as primary liaison with the campus Event Management Office, facilities and Public Safety in facilitating institutional and private summer camp offerings.
- Responsible for promotion of in-person and telephone ticket sales that can help grow the departments brand and reach within the community and region.
- Supervisory responsibility of staff.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
2. Two (2) years of professional experience in marketing, communications, ticketing, public relations or related field in a collegiate athletics or professional sports setting.
3. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives.
4. Demonstrates leadership and supervisory skills.
5. Possession of a valid US driver's license.
6. Credentialed, or ability to obtain, certifications in CPR and First Aid.
7. Ability to work required hours, including evening, weekend and holidays to support the intercollegiate athletics competition schedule.
1. Master’s Degree
1. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
2. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend