Manager, Women's Basketball Operations
Job no: 497038
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Manager of Women's Basketball Operations is responsible for administrative support of an NCAA Division I program, working within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference. This is a non-coaching position within the program.
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
1. Assist the head women's basketball coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a Division I women's basketball program. This is a non-coaching position with NCAA rules restricting all recruiting and on-court activities.
2. Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program including, but not limited to: a. team travel coordination; b. recruiting travel coordination for staff and prospective student-athletes; c. scheduling practice facilities (home and away); d. coordination of equipment and apparel orders; and, e. coordination of videotape exchange.
3. Responsible for monitoring budget and finances for the women's basketball program including working with the athletics business office to maintain solid financial control, coordinating required paperwork, and resolving any budgetary issues.
4. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of all applicable University and NCAA regulations. Responsible for coordinating the required NCAA paperwork specific to the women's basketball program.
5. Manage public and community relations for the program, including identification, scheduling, and necessary correspondence to Representatives of Athletics Interests (alumni, donors, fans, internal constituents).
6. Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
7. Work with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty, and the general public.
1. Bachelors degree
2. Maintenance of current CPR and First Aid Certifications
3. Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
1. Proven integrity, leadership, and a thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations (candidate should possess a strong commitment and ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit academically qualified student-athletes)
2. Collegiate playing or coaching experience
1.Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Extended work days to include nights and weekends, with extensive travel required.
3. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This is a non-coaching position within the program. This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt, benefits eligible position.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 60 majors and 70 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,700 undergraduate and 30 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors on scholarly and artistic projects.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its undergraduate students. Student life is vibrant with about 200 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletics teams, a robust arts culture, and a commitment among many of the students to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Lewisburg (pop. 5,700) is located in central Pennsylvania and features beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), a variety of restaurants, shops and boutiques, and the Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. It is the seat of Union County, which has about 44,000 residents.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is within a three-hour drive of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and outstanding opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School consistently ranks among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend