Content Strategy Assistant
Job no: 496421
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Clerical / Support, Communications / PR / Marketing
Bucknell University seeks an administrative professional to join its Division of Communications to support the content strategy team. This full-time, benefits-eligible position reports to the Senior Director of Content Strategy.
The Content Strategy Assistant supports the Division of Communications’ content strategy team, including marketing, photography, video, University magazine, social media, graphic design and written communications.
The Content Strategy Assistant is highly organized and collaborative; skilled in technology and tools for scheduling and office processes; friendly and courteous; shows initiative; and adept at using and learning University and Communications systems and processes related to office and project support.
• Provide support for the video team and photographers including, but not limited to, scheduling photo and video shoots and managing photo and video shoot calendars.
• Provide support for the editor of Bucknell Magazine including, but not limited to, managing the list of online subscribers, sending advance copies to contributors, and troubleshooting address issues.
• Schedule and coordinate content strategy and other related meetings. Attend meetings as needed, take meeting minutes and provide summaries with action items to participants.
• Maintain and update databases for tracking; gather data from various sources for use in proposals and reports.
• Coordinate logistics and mailing for awards submissions and other special content strategy projects.
• Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
• Ensure confidentiality as defined by Bucknell University policy.
• Provide general office support including copying, scanning and campus errands.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Three years as an administrative or office assistant, or equivalent relevant experience in an administrative environment.
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills and knowledge of electronic and paper filing systems.
• Demonstrated ability to respond courteously and efficiently to requests from the general public, vendors and the campus community.
• Demonstrated ability to type quickly and accurately.
• Experience in Google Drive applications, Microsoft Word and Excel, and demonstrated willingness and ability to learn new technology.
• Ability to prioritize and work quickly and efficiently and to meet departmental deadlines.
• Experience with a web content management system.
• Experience using project management and collaboration tools such as Airtable and Slack.
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend