Alumni Relations Office Coordinator
Apply now Job no: 496186
Position type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Advancement / Alumni Relations
The division of University Advancement (UA) includes four major areas: Development, Advancement Services, Alumni Relations, and the Career Development Center. As a part of UA, the Office of Alumni Relations cultivates an engaged community of alumni, parents, students, and friends of Bucknell through meaningful relationships, experiences, and connections for the common good of the University.
The Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to multiple programs and specific program directors. As a team member, the Coordinator supports multiple Alumni-centered programs and events, while providing a positive experience for our constituents and volunteers.
This position reports to the Associate Director, Diversity and Operations.
All UA staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
* Responsible for overall event creation and registration as well as maintaining accurate and detailed information utilizing event management software. * Responsible for managing logistics and coordinating details including, but not limited to, working with and/or arranging vendor selection and securing event space, arranging payment, catering, tech needs, parking, signage, guest lists, name tags, etc. * Responsible for communicating/consulting with Bucknell constituents and volunteers regarding assigned events, etc. * Responsible for collaborating with academic departments, athletics and other campus colleagues in the organization and the execution of partnered events. * Responsible for providing support to program directors, including coordinating calendars, scheduling meetings, creating surveys, managing check requests, and coding volunteers, attendees, and gifts. * Responsible for performing general office duties and business practices, including answering phones, greeting guests, record keeping, photocopying, faxing documents, etc. * Responsible for managing confidential and sensitive constituent information. * Responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* At least two years of experience in event planning/coordination * Demonstrated mid-level or higher user skills in Microsoft Word and Excel * Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong editing, spelling, and grammar skills * Demonstrated creativity, initiative, and proactive problem solving skills * Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with a diverse constituent base * Ability and willingness to travel occasional evenings/weekends in support of off campus events * Valid U.S. driver’s license
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to support UA’s signature events including significant blocks of time during the weekend events. This also requires a commitment to attend/participate in on-campus and off-campus events/activities outside of normal business hours as appropriate.
* Three years event planning experience
* Experience in graphic design, web development, and HTML * Experience in a higher education setting * Experience with event management software * Experience with Banner and/or Blackbaud * Experience with Qualtrics, Smartsheet, and Ablebits
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell’s 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell’s beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University’s main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania’s state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell’s surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time 07 Dec 2018
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend