Athletics Technology Coordinator
Apply now Job no: 493723
Position type: full time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
The Athletics Technology Coordinator will implement and maintain in-house audio-visual equipment, scoreboard and timing systems, and non-Web digital assets for the Department of Athletics & Recreation. This includes installing, configuring, repairing, and operating various audio, video, computer, and media products for high profile athletic events on-campus. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user interface assistance where required and in coordination with L&IT/Facilities staff. In addition, this position will manage content creation for various digital video displays and formats. Finally, the Athletics Technology Coordinator will help direct the department's audio-video strategy related to event coverage, creative content, and collaboration with other key developers while serving the needs of the department's sport programs and contracted external events. Job Duties:
• Provide technology support of in-house audio-visual equipment that includes, but is not limited to, scoreboards, videoboards, timing systems, Patriot League Network streaming, video walls and messaging displays. This also includes troubleshooting any problems that may occur with equipment/software, making simple on-site repairs as appropriate, and scheduling/overseeing service repairs.
• Review and implement plans for maintenance of equipment and acquisition, implementation, and assembly of new electronic equipment and/or technology. Manage vendor and consultant relationships as appropriate, along with serving as liaison to the L&IT staff for networking, technology, and other requirements.
• Capture, create, control, maintain. and produce video scoreboard graphics, features, and activities displayed during home events in Sojka Pavilion (M/W Basketball), Kinney Natatorium (M/W Swimming/Diving and M/W Water Polo), Davis Gym (Wrestling, Volleyball), Mathewson-Memorial Stadium (Football, M/W Lacrosse, M/W Track & Field); future display equipment installed; and external events utilizing athletic facilities.
• Serve as game-day videoboard operator/director for events in Sojka Pavilion and Christy Mathewson Memorial Stadium. • Be on-call as necessary to respond to event support calls and to troubleshoot and correct reported problems as quickly and effectively as possible.
• Work in collaboration with the Patriot League Network for the production of streamed live events and special content. Coordinate simulcast of PLN content to in-venue video boards as necessary.
• Responsible for conceptualization and creation of video content for Bison Athletics programs which are disseminated through the Athletics venues’ videoboards and message centers, Patriot League Network, program websites and other multimedia outlets.
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Patriot League, and institution rules that relate to this position. Minimum Qualifications: At least one of the following: (a) bachelor’s degree; (b) two to four years’ experience with technologies utilized to support athletic events (e.g., scoreboards, digital signage, audiovisual control systems, computer media); or (c) experience in higher education or athletic facility operations. Preferred Qualifications: - Enthusiasm for learning new software tools, media equipment and game entertainment strategies is essential. - Strong interest in creative problem solving, the application of emerging technological standards and providing functional, high quality services is required. - Experience with sports video services or an appropriate substitution of general display presentation software (i.e., VISIX, vSOFT, Venus1500). Familiarity with live television/webcast production and electronic equipment components. - Basic understanding of audio and video signal flow and TCP/IP networking in relation to converged audio/video industry. - Self-starter who has the ability to balance multiple tasks, produce high-quality work on tight deadlines, and be able to manage a work schedule that includes evening and weekend work.
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns.
Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution, that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time 13 Apr 2017
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend